Sep 16 – Homily – Fr Dominic: Depth of Love
Homily #100916 ( 12min) Play - Preaching on the account of Mary Magdalen's washing of Christ's feet in the house of the Pharisees where Our Lord responds to the indignant hosts by giving a parable of the two debtors, Fr Dominic explains the need to have depth to our love of God. He gives fourteen things we can ask ourselves taken from the City of God by Mary Agreda to determine if we have this depth:
- Do I think about God a lot?
- Am I inclined to do God's commandments?
- Am I afraid to offend God?
- Am I Grieved by sin?
- Do I rejoice at the good?
- Do I love to speak of God?
- Do I delight in the presence of God?
- Does not thinking of God displease me?
- Do I love what God likes and hate what he hates?
- Do I strive to bring everyone to God?
- Do I pray with confidence?
- Are we grateful to God?
- Do I use God's gifts to good use?
- Do I strive to control the passions?
Ave Maria! Sts Cornelius and Cyprian - Mass: OF, - Readings:
1: 1 Cor 15:1-11
R: Ps 118:1-2,16-17,28
G: Lk 7:36-50