Ave Maria Meditations
The Golden Arrow
(as dictated by Our Lord to Sister Marie of St. Peter)
May the most holy, most sacred, most adorable, most incomprehensible and ineffable Name of God be forever praised, blessed, loved, adored and glorified in Heaven, on Earth, and under the Earth by all the creatures of God and by the Sacred Heart of Our Lord Jesus Christ in the Most Holy Sacrament of the Altar. Amen.
Eternal Father, I offer Thee the adorable Face of Thy Beloved Son for the honour and glory of Thy Name, for the conversion of sinners and the salvation of the dying. Amen.
During the apparition of Our Lord on October 4, 1846 to Sr. Marie, she was told: God’s justice would use as the instrument of punishment, not the elements, but the malice of revolutionary men, that is the Communists! It should be noted that this was the first revelation from Heaven concerning Communism which was only in its beginning stages and the Marxist Manifesto would not be published until 1848.
O Blessed Face of my kind Savior, by the tender love and piercing sorrow of Our Lady as she beheld you in your cruel Passion, grant us to share in this intense sorrow and love so as to fulfill the holy will of God to the utmost of our ability. Amen.
O Jesus, who in Thy bitter Passion didst become “the most abject of men, a man of sorrows”, I venerate Thy Sacred Face whereon there once did shine the beauty and sweetness of the Godhead; but now it has become for me as if it were the face of a leper! Nevertheless, under those disfigured features, I recognize Thy infinite Love and I am consumed with the desire to love Thee and make Thee loved by all men.
The tears which well up abundantly in Thy sacred eyes appear to me as so many precious pearls that I love to gather up, in order to purchase the souls of poor sinners by means of their infinite value. O Jesus, whose adorable face ravishes my heart, I implore Thee to fix deep within me Thy divine image and to set me on fire with Thy Love, that I may be found worthy to come to the contemplation of Thy glorious Face in Heaven. Amen.
- I will grant them contrition so perfect that their very sins shall be changed in My sight into jewels of precious gold
- None of these persons shall ever be separated from Me
- In offering My Face to My Father, they will appease His anger and they will purchase as with celestial coin, pardon for poor sinners
- I will open My Mouth to plead with My Father to grant all the petitions that they will present to Me
- I will illuminate them with My light, I will consume them with My love and I will render them fruitful of good works
- They will, as the pious Veronica, wipe My adorable Face outraged by sin, and I will imprint My divine Features in their souls
- At their death, I will renew in them the image of God effaced by sin
- By resemblance to My Face, they will shine more than many others in eternal life and the brilliancy of My Face will fill them with joy