Video – Card. Burke – Need for Priestly Retreats – 1/8 – CONF 291
Conferences #291 - ( 22min) >>> Play
Cardinal Raymond Burke gives the opening reflection for the 2015 Priests' Retreat themed "Holy Priesthood: Sacrament of Christ's Pastoral Charity". This talk is on the need for priests to make retreats, following the example of Jesus Christ. Topics covered include:
- Retreat is not self-indulgent but to proclaim that the priesthood is not my own
- Ultimate retreat was in the garden of Gethsemane
- Must take time away
- Things to do to be holy priests.
- Praying the liturgy of hours
- Yearly retreat
- Be thankful for vocation understanding
- Importance of the mission of salvation
- Recall the time you were ordained.
- Not my own will but him who sent me. Obedience
- Accompany Our Lord up to the time we go to live with him in heaven, the victory of eternal life
- Follow the example of Mary, the first disciple, and the holy priests that have gone before us.
- Pastores Dabo Vobis JPII - http://w2.vatican.va/content/john-paul-ii/en/apost_exhortations/documents/hf_jp-ii_exh_25031992_pastores-dabo-vobis.html