Video – 17 – Assumption, 4th Marian Dogma – Mariology for Everyone
Mariology for Everyone #17 ( 29min) Play - Dr. Miravalle on the Assumption of Mary which is the 4th Marian Dogma proclaimed in 1950 by Pius XII. He covers:
- The definition of the dogma in Munificentissimus Deus
- The Sources
- Consensus of the faithful
- Interconnectedness with other dogmas
- Did Mary die before being assumed?
- Was Joseph assumed?
This series is a complete 50 part introductory course on Mary presented by Dr. Miravalle, a theology professor specializing in Mariology, who has been teaching at the Franciscan University of Steubenville for over 25 years. General topics are as follows:
- Mary as revealed in the Sacred Scriptures, taught and explained by the Church Fathers, the Saints, and the Church's documents
- the proper ways to show childlike love and devotion to the Blessed Mother of Jesus;
- Church's official teaching on Marian apparitions over the centuries.