Video – 6 – Infancy Narrative, St. Matthew – Mariology for Everyone
Mariology for Everyone #6 ( 17min) Play - Dr. Miravalle gives a quick survey of the Biblical references to Mary and the infancy of Jesus in the first few Chapters of the Gospel of Matthew, including:
- Betrothal to Joseph
- Visitation of Mary to St. Elizabeth
- Unexplained pregnancy of Mary
- The options presented to Joseph in response
- Clarification by the angel
- Joseph as the "just man"
- Joseph, Icon of God the Father
- Joseph, true virginal father of Jesus
- Adoration of the Magi, precursor to Eucharistic Adoration
- Flight into Egypt
- Sorrows of Mary
- Angel calls them back through Joseph
- Family as Domestic Church
- Joseph Father and protector of the Church
- - Greatest saint after Mary
- - Practical man like OT Joseph. Go to him.
This series is a complete 50 part introductory course on Mary presented by Dr. Miravalle, a theology professor specializing in Mariology, who has been teaching at the Franciscan University of Steubenville for over 25 years. General topics are as follows:
- Mary as revealed in the Sacred Scriptures, taught and explained by the Church Fathers, the Saints, and the Church's documents
-the proper ways to show childlike love and devotion to the Blessed Mother of Jesus;
-Church's official teaching on Marian apparitions over the centuries.
It is time for Christians, those who believe and entrust their lives to Jesus Christ, to have a better knowledge, a better love as well as to allow himself/herself to be loved by the Mother of Jesus, who is also his/her Mother as was given to us by Jesus (Jn 19.26).
Thanks to the generosity and the great love Dr. Miravalle has been tirelessly shown to our Blessed Virgin Mother, the theology of Mary as should be properly taught are now available to us.