Video – #5 – Nativity, St Luke – Mariology for Everyone
Mariology for Everyone #5 ( 33min) Play - Dr. Miravalle gives a quick survey of the Biblical references to Mary especially in the first few Chapters of the Gospel of Luke. He covers:
- Why are there so few verses regarding Mary
- - Number of verses second only to Jesus
- Annunciation Lk 1:36 - Be it done to me according to your will.
- - Mary is more than just an incubator of Jesus, but a Mother.
- - Coredemption with Jesus, proactive in giving Him His body by which He saves us.
- Visitation of Mary to St Elizabeth Lk 1:39
- - Mediatrix - Sanctifies John the Baptist in the womb
- - Magnificat - all generations will call me blessed
- Nativity Lk 2:7
- - Significance of Jesus in her womb for 9 months
- Presentation of Jesus in the Temple
- - Prophecy of Simeon - Mary's heart being wounded and the hearts of nations being revealed.
- Finding of Jesus in the Temple in Jerusalem
- - Mary contemplates the future death of Jesus.
This series is a complete 50 part introductory course on Mary presented by Dr. Miravalle, a theology professor specializing in Mariology, who has been teaching at the Franciscan University of Steubenville for over 25 years. General topics are as follows:
- Mary as revealed in the Sacred Scriptures, taught and explained by the Church Fathers, the Saints, and the Church's documents
-the proper ways to show childlike love and devotion to the Blessed Mother of Jesus;
-Church's official teaching on Marian apparitions over the centuries.
It is time for Christians, those who believe and entrust their lives to Jesus Christ, to have a better knowledge, a better love as well as to allow himself/herself to be loved by the Mother of Jesus, who is also his/her Mother as was given to us by Jesus (Jn 19.26).
Thanks to the generosity and the great love Dr. Miravalle has been tirelessly shown to our Blessed Virgin Mother, the theology of Mary as should be properly taught are now available to us.