Video – #4 – Prefigurements of Mary in OT – Mariology for Everyone
Mariology for Everyone #4 ( 26min) Play - Dr. Miravalle gives several examples of great women in the Old Testament who are prefigurements of Mary, being like her in some aspect. These include:
- Bathsheba the Queen Mother of King Solomon prefiguring Mary as Queen Mother of Jesus Our King who intercedes with Him.
- Sarah who miraculously gives birth to Isaac, the father of Israel, the people of God.
- Rebecca who clothed the arms of Jacob to be acceptable to God, so Mary does for us.
- Rachael who is mother of Joseph in the Old Testament
- Miriam, sister of Moses and Aaron who Mediates and saves the infant Moses and Mary mediates the one Mediator to us.
- Deborah and Judith who saves the people of God from their opponents.
- Queen Esther who saves the Jews, Mary is Co-redeemer with Jesus.
- Mother of Maccabees - seven of her sons die rather than violate the law of Moses. Dr. Miravalle relates this to the early martyrs of the Church the Seven Sorrows of Our Lady.
This series is a complete 50 part introductory course on Mary presented by Dr. Miravalle, a theology professor specializing in Mariology, who has been teaching at the Franciscan University of Steubenville for over 25 years. General topics are as follows:
- Mary as revealed in the Sacred Scriptures, taught and explained by the Church Fathers, the Saints, and the Church's documents
-the proper ways to show childlike love and devotion to the Blessed Mother of Jesus;
-Church's official teaching on Marian apparitions over the centuries.
It is time for Christians, those who believe and entrust their lives to Jesus Christ, to have a better knowledge, a better love as well as to allow himself/herself to be loved by the Mother of Jesus, who is also his/her Mother as was given to us by Jesus (Jn 19.26).
Thanks to the generosity and the great love Dr. Miravalle has been tirelessly shown to our Blessed Virgin Mother, the theology of Mary as should be properly taught are now available to us.