Video – #3- Marian Prophecies in OT – Mariology for Everyone
Mariology for Everyone #3 ( 28min) Play -
Quick Survey of Old Testament Prophesies of Mary, different verses which point forward to Mary:
- Gen 3:15 - She will Crush your Head, shows the Enmity between "the woman" and the "Serpent" - pointing to the Immaculate Virgin who will work with Our Lord to defeat Satan.
- Isiah 7:15 - A virgin shall conceive and bear a son and you shall call him Emmanuel - pointing to Mary giving birth virginally to Jesus who is God with us, Emmanuel.
- Micah 5:2-3 - You O Bethlehem ... She who is in travail shall bring forth - pointing to Mary giving birth to the Messiah at Bethlehem.
Types of Mary People, places, events or things in the Old Testament which refer to Mary:
- Noah's Arc - Built by command of God to save the world.
- Jacob ladder - Pointing toward Mary as an intercessor between Heaven and Earth with God grace coming to us and we returning through her.
- Burning bush - that burns with the loving presence o God but is not consumed pointing to the Presence of Jesus in Mary Womb without her loss of virginity.
- Song of Songs - Enclosed Garden, referring to Mary's fruitful virginal womb
- Arc of the Covenant - The holiest object of Jewish antiquity which contained manna, tablets of Ten Commandments, Staff of Aaron - Foreshadowing Jesus in her womb as the Bread from Heaven, the Word of God, and the new High Priest.
This series is a complete 50 part introductory course on Mary presented by Dr. Miravalle, a theology professor specializing in Mariology, who has been teaching at the Franciscan University of Steubenville for over 25 years. General topics are as follows:
- Mary as revealed in the Sacred Scriptures, taught and explained by the Church Fathers, the Saints, and the Church's documents
-the proper ways to show childlike love and devotion to the Blessed Mother of Jesus;
-Church's official teaching on Marian apparitions over the centuries.
It is time for Christians, those who believe and entrust their lives to Jesus Christ, to have a better knowledge, a better love as well as to allow himself/herself to be loved by the Mother of Jesus, who is also his/her Mother as was given to us by Jesus (Jn 19.26).
Thanks to the generosity and the great love Dr. Miravalle has been tirelessly shown to our Blessed Virgin Mother, the theology of Mary as should be properly taught are now available to us.