Video – God’s Revealed Will: Part 2 – Mariology for Everyone #2
Mariology for Everyone #2 ( 17min) Play - Mariology for Everyone-Lecture Two: God’s Revealed Will and Mary, part 2
Dr. Miravalle shows how Revelation is supported by three legs, Scripture, Tradition, and Magisterium. Regarding the Magisterium, it does not create new revelation but:
- Interprets revelation
- Protects against false interpretation
- Servants of Revelation, subordinate to it.
Then he relates this to Mary and the development of doctrine regarding her, answering the objection, "How can you teach what is not explicit in scripture?"
- Scripture is not the only source, also Tradition
- Implicit in scripture, seeds are their
- Truth about Mary is held in subordination and in reference to Jesus and the Holy Trinity
This series is a complete 50 part introductory course on Mary presented by Dr. Miravalle, a theology professor specializing in Mariology, who has been teaching at the Franciscan University of Steubenville for over 25 years. General topics are as follows:
- Mary as revealed in the Sacred Scriptures, taught and explained by the Church Fathers, the Saints, and the Church's documents
-the proper ways to show childlike love and devotion to the Blessed Mother of Jesus;
-Church's official teaching on Marian apparitions over the centuries.
It is time for Christians, those who believe and entrust their lives to Jesus Christ, to have a better knowledge, a better love as well as to allow himself/herself to be loved by the Mother of Jesus, who is also his/her Mother as was given to us by Jesus (Jn 19.26).
Thanks to the generosity and the great love Dr. Miravalle has been tirelessly shown to our Blessed Virgin Mother, the theology of Mary as should be properly taught are now available to us.