Ave Maria Meditations
“See, My daughter, My heart surrounded by thorns which ungrateful men pierce at every moment by their blasphemies and ingratitude… Say to all those who, for five months, on the first Saturday, confess, receive Holy Communion, recite the Rosary and keep Me company for 15 minutes while meditating on the fifteen mysteries of the Rosary, in a spirit of reparation, I promise to assist them at the hour of death with all the graces necessary for the salvation of their souls.”
The confession may be made on the First Saturday itself or some days before or after the First Saturday. This reparatory devotion was requested to atone for the five ways in which people offend the Immaculate Heart of Mary:
- attacks upon Mary’s Immaculate Conception;
- attacks against her Perpetual Virginity;
- attacks upon her Divine Maternity and the refusal to accept Her as the Mother of all mankind;
- for those who try to publicly implant in children’s hearts indifference, contempt and even hatred of this Immaculate Mother, and
- for those who insult her directly in her sacred images.