Variety #94 – Bsp. Bruskewitz of Lincoln, Nebraska ( 14min) >>> Play
Fr. Elias Mills of our Bloomington, Indiana friary recently interviewed the renowned Bishop Bruskewitz of Lincoln, Nebraska on current issues of faith and Church in America. We are posting them here in a five part series. In the first part, in answering Fr. Elias questions, the bishop relates his thoughts about:
- His 50 years as a priest and bishop in the Church and all the changes and events in the time.
- His visits to shrines in Europe and Rome.
- His 19 years as Bishop of Lincoln.
- The graces that are ever needed for his office
- His work with John Paul II and Benedict XVI
- What these two papacies have done for the Church especially the continuity that they reaffirmed between the post and pre-Vatican II Church
- The Moto Proprio of Pope Benedict and how it is not at all against Vatican II
- The unlikelihood of a mixture of the Ordinary and Extraordinary Forms of the liturgy
- New English translation of the Ordinary Form of the Liturgy
- How well Catechisis has been carried out in the Post Vatican II era
- balance needed between doctrine and pastoral and social concerns
Listening to Bsp. Bruskewitz’s clear insights and answers is refreshing indeed.
Leave a Reply
All replies will be posted immediately, except any containing an URL (link) including one placed in the "Website" box below, will be held for moderation. This is due to spam problems.